Terms of Service
Last Modified: 2019-01-09
This is DISBOARD. By using our website, you agree to the following terms.
- The terms are defined as the conditions of use for the DISBOARD website. By using the DISBOARD website, users agree to abide by these terms.
- Using DISBOARD website indicates that users have read and accepted these terms provided that the users are above the age of majority in their jurisdiction, or that their legal guardians have reviewed and agree to these terms if the users are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction.
We can change these terms at any time, so you should check regularly.
- We may revise and update these Terms at any time, with or without notice to any users.
- Changes in the terms shall be effective when updated on the DISBOARD website unless otherwise mentioned.
- If a user continues to use the Service after any changes to these Terms, the user shall be bound by the newest version of these Terms.
What data do we collect?
DISBOARD collects the following data:
- Activity logs on DISBOARD website
- Information provided by Discord API, excluding email address
Our Services are for users age 13 and over and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us. For residents of the EEA, where the processing of personal information is based on consent, DISBOARD will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online for any of our services.
- Voluntarily create a server listing, a review, or a response to a review.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
We shall only use private information received for the following purposes:
- In order to provide our service.
- In order to charge users who use our paid service.
- As determining data for improvement of this service or addition of a new service.
- In order to gather statistical data on users' usage (in case of collecting such data, data shall be modified in order not to identify an individual).
- In order to grasp the usage situation of users and use them for improvement of this service and development of new services.
- To deliver information on various membership services and other various services that we offer.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data at third party hosting facilities.
Our Company will keep your data until you explicitly request them to be deleted.
We do not distribute your data for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit https://allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - DISBOARD uses these cookies so that we recognize your login info on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Performance - DISBOARD uses these cookies to improve our services.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please download the "Opt-out Browser Add-on" from the URL below. After you install it, you'll be able to edit Google Analytics settings. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (Google) to protect your submissions via internet submission forms on this site. This plugin checks if you are a person in order to prevent certain website functions from being (ab)used by spam bots. This plugin query includes the sending of the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the Google reCAPTCHA service. For this purpose your input will be communicated to and used by Google. However, your IP address is previously truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the agreement on the European Economic Area and is, as such, anonymized. Only in exceptional cases is a full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service. The IP address provided by reCaptcha from your browser shall not be merged with any other data from Google.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
For California residents
DISBOARD does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, it is your responsibility to enable DNT signals on your browser.
Right of disapproval to Membership
We can refuse your registration.
- Anyone who agrees to these Terms may apply for the membership using DISBOARD’s provided registration tools in order to use this Service.
- Anyone who applies for this Service (hereinafter "applicant") becomes a user when we accept the application.
We can decide to refuse an application from an applicant without disclosing the reason in the following cases:
- The applicant did not apply by means of the preceding clause 2.
- The applicant has been punished by being removed from the service due to the violation of the terms or other conditions.
- We judged the application inappropriate.
User Environment Maintenance
You are solely responsible for your account/properties.
- The user shall maintain all the necessary hardware to use this service at the user's expense and responsibility.
- The user shall take appropriate measures to prevent their devices from viruses, unauthorized access, or information leakage.
- We have no involvement or responsibility in the user's environment and personal property.
You are solely responsible for your actions.
- The user is fully responsible to use this service and takes responsibility for actions and results caused by the use of this service.
- The user is fully responsible for all data that the user posts on this service. We are not responsible for the content that the user posts on the service.
- The user must solve a user's responsibility and expense when the user behaves in a defamatory manner, violates privacy right, discloses third party's information without permission or violates copyright laws. We assume no responsibility.
There are things you cannot do on this website, listed below.
The acts described below are prohibited on this service. When user conducts prohibited acts, we may terminate or suspend their membership, delete part or all of the data from the account or change the user's publishing limitation. (However, we are not obligated to take these measures and we do not assume the obligation to disclose the reason for taking these measures.)
Posting data including the following contents:
- Child pornography or child abuse, which violates the laws, regulation.
- Information that causes defamation.
- Personally Identifiable Information.
- Information that we judge inappropriate.
- Reprinting of data from this site without the creator's or our permission.
- Any action that violates the laws, morality, the terms or other conditions, or that we judge violating the right of others.
- Putting burden on the server over the normal extend or damaging the service operation or network system.
- Any other actions considered inappropriate by our company.
We may change/end this service at any time, and we’re not responsible.
- We may add, modify, interrupt and/or terminate this service at any time without prior notice.
- We are not responsible for any addition, change, suspension or termination of this service.
DISBOARD is free to use.
Premium service is planned. In that case, it will be described separately in the terms of service of the premium service.
Right to data
Everything you post has to be rightfully yours. In case of disputes, you deal with it. Don’t bring fire to us.
The user who posts data using this service shall guarantee that the data does not violate any right of a third party. In case any disputes such as violating the right of a third party occur due to the posting of data, the user must solve the dispute at user's responsibility and expense. The user shall not cause harm to our company whatsoever.
This service is ours. You grant us permission to use your data. We may review them periodically.
- Intellectual property rights and other rights concerning information, services, programs, etc. attached to this service belong to us.
- All data posted on this service are the copyright of the user who created the text or/and images. By posting any data to the DISBOARD website, that user grants us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to transmit, store, modify, and display that data in order to perform the services outlined on the DISBOARD website.
- Our company can use and revise the data posted by a user for the smooth operation of our service, and/or building, improving or maintaining of our system within required range.
We’re not responsible for damages. Blind eyes don’t count as waivers.
- We do not concern our company with any dispute or miscommunication among users. In case any dispute occurs among users, the users must solve it at users' responsibility. We do not take any responsibility for any dispute or miscommunication between users.
- At any time we can revise, interrupt or terminate the service without prior notice when we judge necessary. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for any damages resulting from changes of this service. Moreover, the same applies when slowdowns or failure happen due to server overload or any other unexpected factors.
- We are under no obligation to manage or store the data posted by a user.
- Disboard is not responsible for any content created or uploaded to the site by any user. Disboard will take all reasonable actions to remove content that is unlawful or violates these Terms, but Disboard will not take responsibility for any content that is not removed.
- We may terminate or suspend the membership, delete all or a part of the data or change the published limitation of the user when we judge there are enough reasons to support that the user violated or may have violated the terms or other conditions. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for any damages resulting from this action.
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
Validity of the Terms and Other Conditions
If a part of the law, or a private contract, negates certain parts of the terms, the other parts remain intact.
- If any part of these Terms is found invalid in a competent court of law, the remaining parts of these Terms shall apply in full effect.
- If we decide to negate a portion of these Terms in a written contract with any user, the remaining portions of these Terms shall remain in full effect.
Procedure to Prohibited Act
This is what we’ll do to punish you when you broke our rules
- Request to delete or revise the data.
- Delete part or all of the data, change the range of publication or disable browsing.
- Modify the user’s access to this service.
- Compulsory execution to terminate the membership.
- Refusal to the acceptance of the membership.
- The user shall have no objection to our measures.
- DISBOARD is not obligated to compensate or negotiate with users in taking the actions outlined in this section.